Saturday, September 15, 2012

help me I think I'm falling

I sat in the taxi cab and I felt like crying but I knew I needed a little push, the tears were close but not close enough. I thought about what song would help me get to this place. I put on October from the TEA album. I thought myself lame as I turned my ipod on, "god Ali, you are so lame, you really can't think of anything else to listen to?". I muted the music from the cab and put my earbuds in.
The song starts off with an instrumental electric guitar vibe and then the harp comes in. I felt the tears come closer, but still nothing. It's frustrating when you are so sure one thing will unquestionably lead to another that when it doesn't, it's unsettling and I never really know what to do with myself in those moments.

I looked at my phone, two messages, one from Alex one from Arthur. I should have just gone home, but for some incomprehensible reason, I was determined to go out.

We drove over a bridge. I was so lost and had absolutely no idea where I was going.


No comments:

Post a Comment